Thursday, March 26, 2015

New Projects

Over the past week, I had my Honors Tech 2.0 students work on presentations of some new and exciting applications that can be used in the classroom.  They include: ScreencastifyKahootEDpuzzleThingLinkCroak.It.  The students presented to me this week.  I liked all the presentations, and decided that in order to give my students more experience speaking in front of audiences, public speaking, I am going to have them give their presentations to teachers who would like to learn about these applications.

I sent out a Google Form to all of our Learn21 teachers, teachers whose classes have devices, and asked them to sign up for which presentations they would like to see.  I got a resounding response, and I am in the process of trying to schedule all of the presentations.  We even decided to video record one of the presentations, and that is currently being edited by our great video production class at Oakridge.  Once we have edited it, I will post it to YouTube and provide the link here for all to see.  The kids did a great job and I can't wait to show it off!

On another note, Jared Colley and I got together to start sorting out his data from his class surveys.  We have some great initial findings, and he has posted about them on his blog and they can be found here: Results.  Some interesting findings and be sure to get through it all, there is a TON of great stuff there!

So stay tuned! Some fun things are upcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment