Thursday, April 2, 2015

New Projects: Follow Up

Each Thursday at Oakridge, we have our Tech Thursdays, and on each Tech Thursday we show a technology education related video during tutorial/advisory period to the students.  This week, I am showing the video that we took of my second period Honors Tech 2.0 giving a presentation on how to make a Kahoot.  Hopefully, by next week, I will have all the permissions I need to post the video here and show everyone my students in action!

In addition, after I sent out a Google Form to the teachers to fill out for which presentations they would like to see, I received a great response!  A lot of the of the teachers signed up to come and see the students present on the new apps that can be used for education.

What was a very welcomed surprise, was that some of the teachers that could not make it to the presentations, went ahead on their own and tried some of the apps in class, and they found the students really like them! One of my chemistry teachers used Kahoot for an exam review and found that the students became very engaged and competitive once they learned they get more points for answering quickly and correctly.

EDpuzzle was another hot app that the teachers seemed to be very willing and wanting to try.  The fact that you can do a short flipped lesson, and get feedback as to whether or not the students learned what you want them to from the video was appealing.  I am currently working with some of my Upper School teachers to facilitate getting the EDpuzzle videos out to the students and then get feedback on it.

As you can see we have quite a bit cooking right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment