Friday, December 5, 2014

A Day In The Life Visits

Before the Thanksgiving break, I had a great opportunity to go and spend an entire day in the life of a senior at The Oakridge School.  I went from class to class just like they did.  I visited 7 classes throughout the day, and let me tell you, by day's end, I was spent.  It's tough being a high school student!

I learned a lot while visiting the classes.  I got to see the teachers at The Oakridge School doing what they do best, teach our young men and women.  It was extremely helpful to see what they were doing in each classroom, how they were conducting the lesson plan, how they were using technology, and how innovative they were.

As the Technology Integrationist, I simply went to each class and was an observer, I made no attempt to judge, or evaluate, and I wanted all of my teachers to know that. I was not there to evaluate them in any way, that's not my job!  It was a great experience for me, because it gave me an understanding of what they do on a daily basis. I saw some great things happening in the classrooms.

For example, the AP Biology teacher was conducting a review session with her students, and was having them create a living review document using Google Docs!  Each student logged in to their Google account and then followed the link to the page.  The teacher had prompts up on the page, and each student added their own take on the prompt in the document.

I will be meeting with the teachers of the classes I observed this week, to discuss and reflect on the lesson that I saw.  I am looking forward to these meetings, and will write about what I learned from the teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment