Friday, September 16, 2016

Grant Proposal Presentations

This week, my students worked on their grant proposal presentations, and gave them yesterday. This was extremely cool! It was similar to the show Shark Tank, where inventors present their ideas to investors and either receive the funding or not.  My students presented their grant proposals to the Head of our Upper School, our Chief Information Officer, Director of Admissions, and Director of Development, in addition some faculty members dropped in throughout the day. It was really cool!

The presentations ranged from a 3D printed golf club head, read this Tweet; to building a pool table from scratch!  It was a great day, and I'm going to be telling the students which grant proposals will receive funding for their project and those who will not on Monday. I am anxiously awaiting the results myself! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment