Friday, February 19, 2016

February Challenges

February is here! Mardi Gras time!  In the spirit of Mardi Gras, one of the challenges for the month of February is to 3D print a Mardi Gras mask that is contoured to one's face.  This may seem like a simple challenge, but figuring out how to contour shapes on Tinkercad has been a little more challenging for my students than I originally thought it would be. Some of my students are using AutoDesk Fusion 360 to make their masks.

Here is a picture of some of the first submissions:



We also have a coding challenge going on this month, where students need to program a simple switch on/off coffee pot using a Raspberry Pi or Arduino board and set a timer/make it turn off and on using a program and not just the switch.  As of now, there has not been as much interest in this challenge as I would like, so I am thinking of incentives for the students to get them out of their comfort zone and try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment